Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ventana Thoughts

These are all ruminations that arose from my recent weekend in the Ventana Wilderness

Needing to bring spiritual realities
into the press of raw humanity
amongst the most humble
the dreamer seems visionary
Addiction is a mirror;
if I look into it for long
I will see myself
attempting suicide

With my conscious mind in tow
I descend into my heart
through imagination
there learning your memory
is the sunshine
each new day bears



A covey of fat
mountain quail and me
we surprised each other
on the trail this morning
at just past six
the significance of this not eluding me
having already had my manna


In a field of false lupin
spilling the earth

an unearthly blue
surrounded by young madrone

of vibrant green and neon brown
sprung from the ashes
of disastrous fire
i chanced an encounter
with One who has all power
in taking a chance
on His love


They are
perhaps not stars
but distant openings
windows to beyond
to back where i started from
ever His intention
i find my way home



It would make more sense
were my gray matter
yellow or white
with a goldenrod center
given the scrambled
and fried responses
it comes out with

No comments:

Post a Comment